Thursday, April 4, 2019

Wow! It's been how long?

Where has the time gone?  I really haven't posted on here for over a year?  The kids are so much bigger now and so much has changed.  I can't believe I forgot to do a post for when Roman started Pre-K.  But to say we had a lot going on would be an understatement.  It saddens me I haven't kept up with my blog.  Not for any readers I may have, which I'm pretty sure is non existent.  But its a diary of sorts, a way to remember what's been happening in our lives.  As one day runs into the next, it all becomes a blur and its really sad on my part I haven't been keeping track.  I mean, Roman is almost done with his first year of school, what?  Dominic starts Pre-K in the fall and just like that they are both out of the house.

The biggest change is we moved into a house with more space for everyone.  We were really starting to feel cramped in our first home.  We spent almost a year looking in and around the city we live in and would you believe we found a house in the exact neighborhood we were living in? We really were not trying to stay in the area, we wanted a change, but this is were we ended up, c'est la vie. And of course all this happened, the move, Roman's first week of school and Mike going to Italy (bad timing) the exact same week.  I would just like to say, never sell your house and buy a house at the same time.  Nobody needs that level of stress.  If we ever move again, we're selling the house, hiring movers and I'm not doing a thing.  I hired movers to unpack our POD (since Mike wasn't here) and that was the best thing ever.  I used the app VanMile and they had someone out the next day. So people, that's the way to go, don't try to do it yourself. 

Let's see, what else, Roman loves school.  I definitely like the structure it provides.  Since he's in PreK they provide the breakfast and lunch, so he's also exposed to different foods, which is good since he's such a picky eater.  He's getting better about talking to new people and not as shy.  A much bigger interest in reading than before.  He actually gets excited about reading.  I know it'll be good for Dominic to go next year as well, I just worry since he'll only just be 4 when he goes how he will react.  Roman was almost 5 when he went so he was more mature.  I guess time will tell and if Dominic is really struggling we can always pull him out and wait another year.

In other news we ended up giving Coco away.  The boys were just too rough and everyone was stressed.  We gave her to a friend and she is thriving where she is and I love seeing updates on her.  Such a sweet doggie.  Will there be another dog in our future? I don't know.  Its been over a year since having a dog and I still miss Leela but I don't miss the responsibility of dog ownership.  I think we'll just stay cat people for a while.  When that special dog comes along we will know it.

So that's about it.  Just been staying busy raising kids, working on the house (updating old fixtures, yardwork, etc), meetings and service, basically life.  I still try to take a portion of every day and just slow down for one minute.  If it means sitting on the couch when Dominic says, "mommy, sit" and points next to him because he wants to cuddle, or stopping whatever I'm doing to see whatever Roman wants me to look at because I know now, how fast it all goes.  Roman is constantly telling us he loves us and we have to say "I love you too" right back and he'll smile.  Dominic still says "I lo'l you" all the time but now punctuates it with sloppy kisses (probably why I've been sick all month).  I notice I don't pick up Roman as much as I used to, he's getting too long and gangly. I can only carry him for a short time now.  Just another part of growing up.   The current words he gets wrong are hamburger, hangabur and basket, backset.  Which are so cute, and don't nobody correct him, because I love it.

I have more things to post about the boys but I'll try and write another post devoted exclusively to them.  Becuase this post is turning into a novella.  Thanks for stopping by and catching up.  We are still here, just been busy.  Till next time...


Who is this kid?

2 comments:

Melissa H said...

yay, I love new posts. I get really bad at keeping track of everything going on to write it down, but I set up emails for the girls and send them emails (when I remember = once a year) of lifes updates. glad things are looking up for you guys.

Vanessa R. said...

Oh that's a lovely idea. Like writing them a letter. I may have to try that with the boys 😊

Wow! It's been how long?

Where has the time gone?  I really haven't posted on here for over a year?  The kids are so much bigger now and so much has changed.  I ...