Tuesday, May 3, 2011

what's new pussycat?

Sorry if I have been MIA. Not that anyone noticed :p haha! Things have been hectic lately. The second week of March Mike found out he finally got his transfer to CLT. So we immediately went down to look for a house. We closed on April 20th and moved in that weekend. Then we had CO visit last week so this weekend I'm going down to finish unpacking. Its crazy to think we are homeowners! Such an adult thing for us to do ha! Mike is loving it down there. As soon as I find a job I'll be going down. I have been applying to jobs like crazy. I have an interview on Thursday but I'm not that excited about it since I don't think it will be enough hours or pay, boo, but vamos a ver. I'm also looking at animal hospitals and clinics. Hoping to work in a veterinary clinic, that would be my dream job, but alas I have no experience and they seem to want that. What I want to know is how are you supposed to get experience in a field if no one will hire you, hmmm? Anyways, I'll post again with pics of the house, should get most everything set up this weekend, its sooo fun!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

That's awesome! Where did you move to? I'll miss having you in our town...not that I ever got to see you :( Cant wait to see pictures!!

Vanessa R. said...

We are down in Charlotte. So not terribly far away only 2 1/2 hours. Yah I'm going to miss everyone, it was nice knowing that no matter what meeting one went to there was always a familiar face :) But we'll be in touch, no worries!

cmrpaul said...

Looking for jobs (and going to them) sucks! Good luck with the hunt! We'll miss you in D-town!

Kandace said...

Love your blog, I just discovered it a month ago. You probably don't remember me (Kandace Calver from Mebane) I think we met when we were teenagers through Stephanie Butterfield . I think we stayed over at your house and we went to and amusement park the next day. Anyways I saw that you moved to Charlotte. I live in Matthews that's just south of Charlotte. I have a friend who just left her job at a vets office in Monroe to be a stay at home mom. I'm not sure if they filled the position but let me know if you would be interested and I'll give them a call.

Vanessa R. said...

Hi Kandace, I have just about the worst memory ever. If I see a photo or see you in person I'll know who you are but names tend to elude me :( I'm finding a lot of ppl I knew back in the day are in Charlotte. It will be fun reconnecting with everyone :) Since I'm just now reading your comment in the middle of June I'm sure that vet job is gone but no matter. Thanks for stopping by!

Wow! It's been how long?

Where has the time gone?  I really haven't posted on here for over a year?  The kids are so much bigger now and so much has changed.  I ...