Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Cali Trip

Ok finally getting around to posting about our trip to California.  It was really nice visiting with our family.  I realized I haven't been out west in about 2 years!  I know I definitely didn't go last year since I was pregnant and the year before that I went for a couple days to see my grandparents.  So it was a quick trip because me and my mom couldn't take off that much time from work.  I was worried about how Roman would do on a 5 hour plane ride but he was perfect on the way there.  He played with his toys, looked out the window, ate, slept, talked to himself.  The lady sitting behind us told me when we landed that he was a "rockstar" because he was so good. 

As soon as we landed in LA we picked up our rental car and drove straight to Las Vegas.  Because yah, we are crazy like that.  I figured since we were out there and so close I should see my two aunts and their families in Vegas.  Now in my head I'm like, a 5 hour drive, that's  nothing.  But a 4-5 hour drive through the desert to Vegas is BORING!!!  And Roman woke up around the 4th hour and made his displeasure known.  Ugh.  So we finally get there, check into our hotel, rest for about 5 seconds and meet the fam at the Venetian for dinner.  It was nice but at this point I'm so tired I'm dreaming about the comfy bed back at the hotel.  The next morning we got up and had breakfast with my cousins and my aunt Lydia at a buffet, because when you are in Vegas you have to go to the buffets, burp!  We visited for a while after that but then had to pack up and head back to Cali to see my grandparents.

The weather was so wacky when we were out there.  It rained almost the entire drive to Oxnard and the whole weekend.  The only sunny day was Monday, our last day there :p  On Saturday was my grandparents special assembly day.  Me and my mom slept in but we went for the afternoon session.  I'm so glad we did because we saw a lot of my family in one place plus some family friends that I haven't seen in a few years.  Sunday we went out in service with my cousin Connie.  It was so nice, because I don't think I've seen her in several years.  We had a blast.  After service we drove around seeing the old sites and the beach.  Then we had lunch at a really good mexican restaurant.  Afterwards we went to my Uncle Henry's house and hung out with the family all evening.  Catching up and just talking.  It reminded me of when I go to visit Mike's family in Argentina and we just sit around talking and eating, lol!  Monday we drove to Santa Barbara and visited an older couple who have known the family for years.  They really wanted to see Roman.  Then drove around Santa Barbara for a bit, its such a beautiful town.  That evening we had dinner with my grandparents and just hanging out with them and taking lots of pictures.

We flew home on Tuesday.  The flight back was pretty uneventful.  Roman slept for half the flight.  He got a little cranky at one point but for the most part he did really well.  So that in a  nutshell, my friends, is our Cali trip.  We already have our next two trips planned out.  We are going to PA to visit Mike's family next month and then a quick weekend trip to Vegas (again) for Agustinque's ten year anniversary bonanza :)  Here's a few pictures from the trip.  I left my camera at home today so these are just the pictures from my cellphone.  I have alot more pics of the family on my actual camera.
Ready for takeoff

Dolores expression here cracks me up

With his aunty Lydia

Uncle Henry reading the menu to Roman

With Connie at the beach

Pacific Ocean

Tommy's burger! Sooo good

Roman with his great grandparents Martinez

No comments:

Wow! It's been how long?

Where has the time gone?  I really haven't posted on here for over a year?  The kids are so much bigger now and so much has changed.  I ...