Thursday, November 6, 2008

Rain or Fab Four?


Since I was baby i've been listening to Beatles music because my dad is a big time fan of them. So needless to say I am also a fan and know almost all their songs. Even though they aren't around any more there are plenty of tribute bands that play their music. Last year we saw the Fab Four in Las Vegas and yesterday we saw Rain - A Tribute to the Beatles. Both of them were really good but in different ways. When you see the Fab Four and you close your eyes you'll think you are actually listening to the Beatles. They are pitch perfect and sound just like them. What I didn't like is that the show was too short and they didn't play enough songs. Rain on the other hand doesn't sound exactly like the Beatles but they come pretty close. Especially the guy playing George, sounds nothing like him but man could he play that guitar! I really liked the show they put on, they put a lot of effort into entertaining the crowd. Lots of visuals and crowd participation. Plus, they played a ton of songs and ones that are really complicated such as "A Day in the Life" and "I am the Walrus". I thoroughly enjoyed both shows but if I had to pick one to see again it would be Rain :) Long live Beatlemania!

4 comments:

eddie said...

mmm, not really a beatles fan. glad you enjoyed the tributes. :) My turn to hold "The Box" maybe? lol!

Vanessa R. said...

No never! More grovelling and sandal foot kissing, haha!

Sir Richard The LionHeart said...

greta question.. as a McCartney trib artist myself I think my vote goes to Ardy Saraaf of the Fab Four - he has put so much effort into his role.. great blog!

Me own Macca efforts:
http://www.paulislive.com

Unknown said...

thank you for this post. I'm seeing both bands this coming month and was very curious which was considered better--glad to hear you liked both of them. Which one had the better stage show and costumes? RAIN, I assume?

Thanks again!

John W.

Wow! It's been how long?

Where has the time gone?  I really haven't posted on here for over a year?  The kids are so much bigger now and so much has changed.  I ...