Wednesday, June 12, 2013

just call me a liar

So a day after I post that I don't really feel the baby move he decides to start thumping around in my belly.  What really got him moving last night was when I was lying in bed and had the laptop on my lap.  Why this would bother him I don't know, maybe the clacking noise of typing on it?  Whatever the case he was bumping along in there.  But when my cat Naya decided to walk across my belly and lay down he was perfectly still.  Must be an animal lover that kid.  Then this morning same thing, little thumps and bumps and now he's painfully lodged in the upper part of my belly.  I pushed a little to get him to move and he responded by kicking me and staying in the exact same position.  Someone has a stubborn streak just like me, we like getting things our way ;)
Also, some friends of ours had recommended for us to watch The Business of Being Born.  So now of course after watching that I'm thinking maybe birth centers with midwives are better. All kinds of confused over here.  So long story short I'm not going to say anymore I'm definitely doing this or not doing that cause who knows until that time comes.  In the meantime we are going to tour both a hospital and birth center and ask my ob some questions.  Hopefully I can make a decision before d-day.  And I'm not excluding Mike from the decision (in case you were wondering why I didn't say we make a decision) but he says its entirely up to me and whatever I decide feels right he will support it.  He just hopes he doesn't pass out when the whole thing goes down :)
With that I leave you with these two cute items I found today while perusing the net. 
Labor and Delivery Gown
Much cuter than that gross hospital gown, blech!  Sold by Pretty Pushers.
And this adorable giraffe pacifier in one.  I need one of these (and he'll probably hate it).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I didn't really know much about birthing centers when I had my kiddos, but what I've learned about the greatness of midwives recently, I'm considering it for my fourth...NO! i'm not planning a 4th, shoot, I didn't even plan a 1,2,3, so I'm just packing the thought away for if there's a next time. I hear they are great, and you get to go home much sooner...though I kinda love having "room service" for 2 days at the hospital..especially when there's a huge family waiting for me to take care of them when I get home :-o yes, I said it! But yea, tour them both and whatever works best for you, you'll get a good feeling about it. Glad that little bugger is kicking you now ;)

Vanessa R. said...

When I read fourth, I was like, wow! Go head now Katie! Ur so funny. I guess deciding where to give birth will be the start of many decisions for the little guy.

Wow! It's been how long?

Where has the time gone?  I really haven't posted on here for over a year?  The kids are so much bigger now and so much has changed.  I ...