Friday, September 13, 2013

38 weeks, i'm still here


So, we are still here.  Baby still chillin inside.  My babybump app says he should be the size of a leek and weigh about 6.8 lbs but since we know he was already 7 lbs last week, I'm going with next week's estimate. That would make him a mini-watermelon.  Yes people, I am smuggling a watermelon. We had our last checkup yesterday.  Baby is doing fine, apparently this week I'm measuring on track, so I don't know what the other two weeks were about.  He has a nice strong heartbeat of 145.  I had the foresight to record his heartbeat.  I figured I better do it before he comes out.  I think its one of the amazing things I've ever heard.

Otherwise, nothing much happening. I'm swelling up like a balloon.  Even my big rings are starting to get tight on my fingers.  I'm super tired but also super hungry all the time.  I read an article and basically it said the amount of nutrients or calories I need would be as if I was a professional athlete training for an event.  So that would explain my wanting to eat all the time.  I don't eat all the time but I could ;) if you catch my drift.  I didn't get a chance to take a picture of the whole nursery, so I'll try next week to get that in.  We had a very busy weekend with my cousins visiting and working around the house.  We were the Eddie Gonzales Inc. Paint Crew with Pikachu and Pregnant Lady lol!  Totally an inside joke, sorry, but it cracks me up.  So, that's its folks, till next week (or sooner, muahahaha, no seriously till next week because baby isn't going anywhere :p).
38 weeks, Day 2, doing my Kim K impression, ha!
Sorry if my post is a little rambling today.  My brain doesn't seem to be working right now and I'm having a hard time putting a coherent thought together.  Yesterday at the doctor's office I knew I had a question for her and I literally sat there for two minutes trying to remember what it was, gah! Pregnant brain!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The ultrasounds can be off by over a pound.. I'm so thankful for this because they were estimating emy to be well over 10 ibs and she was right on the dot at 9 the day before I was due. Also if you happen to be bloated one day your measurements can be way off. Love the heart beat! Hearing my kids pumping away in my belly was such an amazing sound! But the way the drs would look at me waiting for me to give an "awe" expression got on my nerves! By the end I was so over it and ready to meet my baby haha. Looking great! Can't wait to see him, ANY DAY NOW!! SQUEAL!! :) PS. Don't you just LOVE prego brain? Wait till you get mommy brain! ugh!

Wow! It's been how long?

Where has the time gone?  I really haven't posted on here for over a year?  The kids are so much bigger now and so much has changed.  I ...