Friday, September 27, 2013

40 weeks, Day 2

So here we are overdue.  Surprised? Not really.  Saw the doctor yesterday, she ordered a Non Stress Test (NST) and Biophysical Profile to check fetal movement and how much fluid I had.  Everything checked out completely normal. Little guy is measuring just around 8 lbs and he has the fattest cheeks!  The better to nom on :)  It was funny during the NST they need the baby to move and we all know my baby likes to chill.  So the nurse buzzed my belly with this buzzer thingie and the baby was like AHHH! What the heck?! and started moving all over the place.  It cracked me up, poor little guy he was probably having a nice nap.  I saw a different doctor yesterday and she was really pushing me to get induced ASAP.  I told her, mmm, that's ok.  I just barely turned 40 weeks, I'd rather wait at least till 41 weeks to see if he comes on his own.  Plus, since all my tests checked out fine, there's no real hurry.  Also, my regular doctor is totally fine with me waiting till 41+ weeks as long as the baby is doing well.  So I have another appointment on Monday were they will repeat the NST and Biophysical Profile and we'll go from there.

As far as how I'm feeling?  I feel okay today.  Having some back pain and just extremely tired.  I rolled into work 30 minutes late this morning because I couldn't get out of bed and I can't rush at all.  Moving along in my slowest gear.  So glad today is my last day, there is no way I could come in next week.  I can't believe I made it through this week, I really had to push.  Plus I'm really tired of hearing people, your still here, ha!  So I'm going to try to rest up as much as I can till the little one comes next week.  We are just waiting for him to get here.  I saw this picture the other week that pretty much sums if I am having contractions or not yet, ha!
So that's it folks.  Sometime next week we should be welcoming the arrival of little baby boy regina.  I read some good advice on the babycenter website about the first several weeks of being a new parent.  Just thought I'd share it with everyone...

Tell yourself: This, too, shall pass
When you start out, you think, "I'm never going to be good at this," and then it becomes second nature. The child becomes an integral part of your life so that you couldn't imagine a time when you weren't a parent. So relax, enjoy the good and bad times, because your baby grows up so fast. Eventually, every child will sleep more (and so will you), and every child will be more independent. You'll never forget the first time your baby smiles at you or the first time he looks at you and calls you "Mama" or "Dada" or the times he falls asleep on your chest. It makes all the other frustrating stuff pale in comparison.

Can't wait :)

And, for this week's baby bump picture, I decided to do the last nine months so you can see the transformation.  I started the pictures at 8 weeks/2 months till 40 weeks/10 months.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So exciting!!!! Love the compilation of prego pictures! :) Haha, love the "are you feeling contractions" pic for first time moms, SO TRUE!!! haha :) If you feel random OW pains that are constant and then you give birth then they probably are, haha. Think menstrual cramps/your belly tensing on its own in a downward push type feeling, that's what it's like.
Can't believe the new doc tried to encourage induction so bad! Good for you for sticking it out. Hopefully it'll be a quick labor. Also walk as much as you can...but really who wants to when you're 40 weeks prego? NOT ME! I never walked, I said screw it, my pelvis is grinding and ripping in two, if I have to do a lap around the neighborhood, I will just die. So I didn't and my labors went fine ;) Keep us updated!!

Wow! It's been how long?

Where has the time gone?  I really haven't posted on here for over a year?  The kids are so much bigger now and so much has changed.  I ...