Tuesday, May 5, 2009

kentucky derby

I don't know why but i'm completely obsessed with the kentucky derby, preakness and belmont. I think it may have to do with the fact there hasn't been a triple crown winner since 1978. So it could be the fact there hasn't been one in my lifetime. hmmm. I love it when longshots win the race, such as the 2007 Belmont and a filly, Rags to Riches won. One of the best races I've ever seen. Especially since she was running against Curlin, one of the best horses this century. I'm not kidding you should check out his track record. This past weekend it was another longshot who won, Mine that Bird, 50-1 shot. Pretty bad odds. This proves never underestimate anyone.


I apologize now for the bad calling of the race, just dreadful. I read that Mine that Bird will be racing in the Preakness so maybe this could be the year. We'll just have to wait and see.

No comments:

Wow! It's been how long?

Where has the time gone?  I really haven't posted on here for over a year?  The kids are so much bigger now and so much has changed.  I ...