Saturday, January 29, 2011

1/29/11

The day I have been dreading since May has finally come. My dad passed away this afternoon around 3:30pm. I'm so grateful for the time we had together. 30 years is too short of time but we made the best of it. I have so many wonderful memories and lots of pictures and homevideos. I think it still hasn't quite sunk in. I've cried some but haven't had a complete meltdown yet. I'm going to miss him most when I have a question and he always knew the answer. No matter what it was, scriptural, life, science he seemed to know it all. He told the best stories. He was such a rascal growing up. I like the one when his dad bought a new car and it had a cigarette lighter. My dad thought it was the neatest thing cause it burned perfect circles on the seat upholstery. He swiss cheesed burns all over the front seat. Or the time he was fire bombing some ants in an old tree in the backyard and he burned the lawn to a crisp. So he mowed the lawn on the side of the house and threw the cuttings on the burnt lawn to cover it up, haha! I'm going to cherish those memories. I loved him so much and he will be sorely missed. But he is finally at peace and no longer suffering. Towards the end it wasn't even him anymore. He did come to for a short time on Thursday and said goodbye to all of us. We told him goodbye and that we loved him so much. I look forward to the day we can meet again and he'll be able to walk and talk. We'll have so much catching up to do. We'll have all the time in the world :) I'm going to miss you pops

4 comments:

mike said...

Vanessa:
I know its extremely hard for you and your mom, today was such full of emotions. When we were driving home today I began to have major major flashbacks of my parents. The pain will never go away. What makes you move forward is being in Jehovah's organization and having friends to help you all the way. Today after your pops passed, i saw that it touched everyone's heart and that he was a great guy. In short words I could never find the courage to tell your dad that he was more than my "father in-law" he was more like a dad to me, giving me encouragement and advice on life. He reminded me of my dad in many many ways.

Remember that you have me to talk to and ask questions, and ill try my best to answer those questions.

Your not alone in this and don't be afraid Isaias 42:10 that text is what has reminded me to keep moving forward.

Be strong every day and keep your head up, im here for you every day and i Love You So Much, your hubby Mike Regina =) XOXO

mike said...

Thanks babe. I'm glad your in my life and so thankful for the family and Jah's organization.

cmrpaul said...

Vanessa. I have no words. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers right now and going forward. xoxo

Dolores said...

Dear Vanessa I am sure you are going to miss your dad. He was always there for you, he LOVE you so much from the day you where born. He fell in LOVE with you the min. he saw you in the hospital. He couldn't wait to take you home. He took care of you that I felt that he took my motherhood from me becuase he spent so much time with you. But he was so happy to be a father to you but that was a good thing he spent time with you. We both fell in LOVE with you. We were So happy to have you in our live's. It was a joy bring you up helping you to get to know Jehovah and taking you to the meeting's and field service, assembly's, conventions. Your dad was so proud of you. He LOVE you dearly.
I am glad that we have Jehovah and Jesus. Jehovah promise (Heb 6:18 he can not lie. He promise)that he will resurrect our fathful love one in the a better world.
I can't with till that day. I can just see you running to greed your dad and kissing him in the cheek and hugging him and not letting go. That going to be the great's day of your life. And me too. I will miss him too. LOVE you very much. I am here for you too. your Mom

Wow! It's been how long?

Where has the time gone?  I really haven't posted on here for over a year?  The kids are so much bigger now and so much has changed.  I ...